CALL ME AL 

Everton confirm deal to sign Allan from Napoli and he delights in ‘rich history’ while explaining Carlo Ancelotti’s role in the transfer

Everton have announced the signing of Allan from Napoli, for a fee thought to be worth £22million

The Brazil midfielder, 29, joins on a three-year deal and has cited the club’s history and ambition as some of the reasons behind his move.

Allan is also moving to Goodison Park after five years at Napoli

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
3
Allan is also moving to Goodison Park after five years at Napoli

After five season in Naples, he moves to England and will play under a man he knows incredibly well.

Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti was his coach for a time in Serie A and is clearly fond of the Goodison Park gaffer.

“It is a real pleasure to sign for Everton. I am immensely happy to be here,” Allan told evertontv. “I hope, like I have done in my entire career, I contribute with my performances together with my teammates and that I put in some great games, great performances and win important things.

“It is a club with a rich history in the Premier League, has real ambition and then there is Professor Ancelotti.

“He has done everything possible to bring me here.

“It is the size of the Club and the name of the coach which means you don’t think twice about coming to Everton.”

Everton are getting a player renowned for both technique and tenacity, something they have been accused of lacking in recent seasons.

Allan is highly-rated in Italy

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
3
Allan is highly-rated in Italy

After a match in 2015 between Udinese, another of Allan’s former clubs, and Juventue, Udinese coach Andrea Stramaccioni suggested the Brazilian was a tremendous talent in the centre of the pitch.

“Allan was incredible, for me he is one of the best central midfielders in Europe, second only maybe to Paul Pogba